    minutes. But for some reason when I go to firefox or internet
    explorer I I don't get a connection? I checked my router and the
    port 1 light is solid on. why would that be? thanks.

    lbbss, Apr 5, 2009

  2. We need more information before we can help.

    Do this:

    At a Command Prompt, enter the following exactly as shown.
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig

    Report back here with the results of the last ipconfig command.

    Colon Terminus, Apr 5, 2009

  3. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    ipconfig /release

    No adaptor bound to tcp/ip are enabled for DHCP

    IPCONFIG /flushdns

    win 2000 ip configuration
    successfully flushed the dns resolver cache.

    ipconfig /renew

    No adaptor bound to tcp/ip are enabled for DHCP

    ipconfig

    ip addresss 192.16?.0.1
    subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    default gateway

    lbbss, Apr 5, 2009
  5. Check Device manager to see if its enabled.
    If it is see if you can ping something.
    You might have to uninstall & reinstall the driver for the card.

    good luck :)

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    ________ ______ _____________

    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 6, 2009
  6. lbbss

    why? Guest

    Because the address is static, or something is broken or it should be
    DHCP from the routet.
    Which isn't related to /release or /renew.
    See above (static) bit.
    You are getting a ? in there?
    You need a gateway.

    The output of ipconfig/all is helpful, where it says
    Gateway, Dhcp Enabled, DNS possiblly just to see if it's filled on okay.

    Windows IP Configuration
    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : someXP32host
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home.invalid
    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home.invalid
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/1000 GT Desktop
    Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-C0-4F-05-08-E5
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

    Me

    why?, Apr 6, 2009
  7. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    I have no ideas what that meant?

    lbbss, Apr 7, 2009
  8. lbbss

    why? Guest

    Which bit of what? You remove the entire previous message?

    Ask a specific question.

    Allowing for the typo.

    Because the address is static, or something is broken or it should be
    DHCP from the routet.
    ==================================

    None of the adapters are configured for DHCP, because -

    a) Something is broken.
    Usual cure uninstall TCP/IP and/or uninstall NIC driver. Reinstall same.

    b) The TCP/IP settings option for DHCP/Static was set to static.

    Assuming you aren't really getting,
    ip addresss 192.16?.0.1
    As ? isn't a typo for 8.

    These addresses are , well you won't get that either :) , you don't
    need to mask them.

    You have 'default gateway', also assuming it's not really blank.

    So either it's 192.168.0.1 which is a conflict with the usual router
    setting or it's 192.168.0.254.

    If it's blank it shouldn't be, except if the whole lan is standalone and
    not connected to an internet router.

    This bit I will paste in again, it seems obvious

    why?, Apr 8, 2009