    Wireless DLink NIC's, if that makes any difference.
    Also the router is setup to be remotely managed by an External IP only.

    Thanks for your time Folks.

    Schiele Jr, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Schiele Jr

    Harrison Guest

    You would have to access the AP's from the same side of the router
    that they are on. I don't know of a way to get to them behind the
    router from the outside.
    You could set up a remote access function on a PC behind the router
    and then use that to configure the AP's. Something like VNC, PC
    Anywhere, etc.

    Most AP's include software which scans the wired LAN for the presence
    of their AP's and then shows them in a results window.
    If they don't scan, you can usually still connect to them by IP
    address through the same interface.

    Harrison, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Schiele Jr

    marcus Guest

    If by "remotely" you mean across the Internet, then you will have to
    have valid public IP addresses for the devices which you want to
    access. Then use the NAT functionality in the router to translate
    between public and private addresses.

    regards
    Marcus

    marcus, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Schiele Jr

    nemo2 Guest

    Wrong, I can access my Netgear wireless router remotely.
    Hi Schiele Jr,

    Try posting the to news://alt.internet.wireless you are more likely to
    get a sensible answer there.

    Regards

    nemo2

    nemo2, Jan 18, 2004