    The status never changed to connected.

    Have anybody an idea what to do?

    Thanks Alex

    Guest, Apr 16, 2007

  2. Guest

    ato_zee Guest

    Acquiring network address then it dies implies
    DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)
    has failed, probably because of failure to find
    the DHCP server, that leases out addresses.
    It's often easiest to try static addressing, where
    you manually configure the IP address,
    subnet mask, gateway and nameserver(s).
    For XP it's done under network connection
    properties, Server 2000 should be similar.

    ato_zee, Apr 16, 2007