    retype my 26 digit WEP key. Apparently, it gets changed to an 8 digit key
    after I restart. After doing this, I can connect again. Any suggestions on
    how to resolve this problem?

    Guest, Sep 6, 2004

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am having the EXACT same problem. I even have a Linksys router. At first, I
    was trying to figure out where my computer was getting a weird ip address, so
    i set it manually. that worked for a while. then i discovered the real
    problem-the wep key. I don't know why the network connection whatever-it-is
    isn't saving my 26 digit key, but it isn't. I, too have to re-enter it every
    time under the wireless connections "properties" window. I have the key
    memorized by now. I have tried deleting the network from the list and
    re-running the wizard. it even prompts me for the key in the wizard, but
    promptly forgets it again.

    Someone, please help us!!!

    Guest, Nov 20, 2004