wireless connection with the roaming user profile and mapped drive?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Karen, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Karen

    Karen Guest

    Hi all,

    can your guys point me how to get the wireless connection working with the
    roaming user profile and the mapped drives in the LAN. Currently, i am using
    Windows 2003 enterprise server as the domain controller. I connected a
    negear wireless access point for the wireless laptops (Dell
    DI800)access....The problem is: when the user used the wireless connection
    to log in, he wont get his roaming profile and the mapped drive straight
    away. what i have to do is to run the logon script....as far as i am aware,
    i do understand there was no any connection to the server until the user
    logged on. i can see the wireless connection would connect in a few mins
    after the user logged on...i searched the article from this forum and did
    understand i should set up the computer account in the
    domain..bla..bla...but i cant totally understand how to do it. can your guys
    give me a clear direction please? tks in advance.

    Cheers,

    Karen

    Karen, Feb 17, 2005