    half-hour. I'm using linksys router and tried power cycling the router but to
    no avail. The only way I can do is to repair the connection and it returns to
    maximum speed.

    Guest, Sep 25, 2007

  2. Guest

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    Have you tried testing actual throughput periodically, as in when you first
    start out (max connection speed), then again when you are at min connection
    speed. If you have noise (analog interference) or neighbours (digital
    interference), you'll not be getting max throughput, regardless of connection
    speed.

    Some WiFi drivers may start your connection out at maximum expected speed, and
    gradually decrease, looking for a stable connection. Depending upon the
    interference that you may be getting, this could give you a steadily decreasing
    connection rate. Do a WiFi environment analysis, and watch your metrics and
    your neighbours.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/06/analyse-your-wifi-environment.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/06/analyse-your-wifi-environment.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

    Chuck [MVP], Sep 27, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    However, my other laptop using the same wireless router is running at full
    speed. So there isn't any interference. Both laptops are using the same
    settings.

    Guest, Oct 3, 2007
  4. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    what operating system? what NIC and what driver?
    which Linksys router model number and hardware rev and what firmware
    version?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Oct 3, 2007
  5. Guest

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    Interesting and useful details. What other details have you not disclosed?
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html>

    Chuck [MVP], Oct 3, 2007
  6. Guest

    Pavel A. Guest

    Models of wireless adapters on both machines.
    Band and channel set on the router.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Oct 6, 2007