Wireless connection shut down by Norton Internet Security?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jon Kent, Aug 28, 2007.

  1. Jon Kent

    Jon Kent Guest

    My main computer (OS W2K) is connected to the internet by cable. My laptop
    (OS Vista) and my brother´s desktop (OS W2K) are connected to the internet
    by Belkin wireless, the transmitter sitting on top of my main computer.

    Today my laptop started playing up, and I lost the connection for some
    reason. Thinking the program had become disconfigured, I went to look at my
    brother's setup. His computer seemed to be working fine but, when I opened
    his profile, a Norton box appeared. I couldn't close it. It offered 4
    options. The top one was in square brackets. This was the option that
    couldn't be chosen. (Sorry, I can´t remember what it said.) The other 3
    options were (I think) Home, Away, Office (?). I chose Home. The wireless
    connection has not worked since, and I can't get that Norton box to offer me
    the options again.

    Any suggestions, anybody?

    Thanks.

    JK

    Jon Kent, Aug 28, 2007

  2. Jon Kent

    BruceM Guest

    Get rid of Norton would be my suggestion even if it is working

    BruceM, Aug 30, 2007