    router. My wireless laptop says internet connection excellent; however, when
    I log on to internet explorer the page cannot be displayed, and I can't get
    on the internet. Any help to be appreciated.

    sally, Apr 3, 2009

  2. sally

    David B. Guest

    What changed on your laptop between when it was working and now? Your
    problem could be caused by a bad configuration, wireless driver, malware, or
    any number of other issues.

    David B., Apr 3, 2009

  3. sally

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    Your wireless laptop says "Signal strength excellent". That doesn't say that
    you have Internet connectivity. Look at some details, please.

    * Is this your WiFi access point?
    * Are there any signal interference sources inside your home?
    * Is your WiFi security setup properly?
    * Is your selected WiFi channel available?
    * Have you run a WiFi environment survey?
    * Have you tried using Ethernet?

    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2009/04/getting-internet-service-requires-more.html

    Chuck [MVP], Apr 3, 2009
  4. sally

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Jack-MVP, Apr 3, 2009
  5. sally

    smlunatick Guest

    This "icon" will tend to display the wireless signal strength only.
    It will not tell anything about he Internet access.

    I have encountered this style of problem before. You will need to
    look at any "enhanced" firewall software and tell this to "trust" the
    wireless network SSID. If not, the software will "deauthenticate" the
    network (aka turn off the network access.)

    smlunatick, Apr 3, 2009
  6. sally

    sally Guest

    Well, I did install one of those free SuperAnti Spyware removers on my laptop
    because I did have a virus.

    sally, Apr 4, 2009