Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Steve, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi all,

    I know this is a hot topic in here and I've been reading some of the similar
    posts but cant quite find an answer to what I'm looking for.

    I have a Belikin 6231-4 wireless router and a Belkin wireless adapter gaming
    port to connect my Playstation 2 to the network. I am getting constant
    connection drops every 10 mins on the PS2 - these happen even when hard
    wired to the router but dont when direct connection to modem.

    I've tried about all of the settings on the router (firewall off,
    authentication off, etc) but can solve this one.

    Anyone got any tips on what could be happening or possible solutions?

    Also, I read a long shot once that the belkin wireless router maybe over
    heating - this drops are too consistent in their occurence patterns for me
    to believe this - am i right to discount this?

    I've mailed Belkin but no reply yet.

    Cheers
    Steve :)

    Steve, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Steve

    Clark Guest

    From what you say, it seems to be a problem with the router. Have you tried
    keeping it a little cooler than normal to see if the times change?

    Do you run anything else through the router, or do you watch it's status
    page to see if it is dropping the connection?

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 27, 2005