    i have tried three new routers and cards

    maybe theres a bug in sp2 im not sure

    any help would appreciate

    Guest, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Turn off 802.1x authentication:

    1. Right-click the wireless network connection.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Wireless Networks tab.
    4. Click your network in the list of preferred networks.
    5. Click Properties.
    6. Click Authentication
    7. Un-check "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for the network.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Steve Winograd [MVP], Jul 5, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    i have tried this and i still have the smae problem

    Guest, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Guest

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    Does it happen if the two PCs are few feet away one from the other?
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jul 5, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    there is 1 laptop and 1 wireless adsl router

    this fault is a mystery im even running sp2 as well

    Guest, Jul 5, 2005
  6. Graham,

    Are you using w2k3 IAS for radius authentication - if so try setting the
    session-timeout to a large number and adding Ignore-User-DialIn-Properties
    on the remote access policy.

    Regards,

    Bernard.

    message &gt; there is 1 laptop and 1 wireless adsl router <BR>
    &gt; <BR>
    &gt; this fault is a mystery im even running sp2 as well<BR>
    &gt; <BR>
    &gt; &quot;Jack (MVP)&quot; wrote:<BR>
    &gt; <BR>
    &gt;&gt; Hi<BR>
    &gt;&gt; Does it happen if the two PCs are few feet away one from the
    other?<BR>
    &gt;&gt; Jack (MVP-Networking).<BR>
    &gt;&gt; <BR>
    &gt;&gt; <BR>
    &gt;&gt; &quot;Graham Mckenzie&quot;
    &lt;&gt; wrote in message<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; the wireless connection i have keeps dropping im on service
    pack 2 xp i have<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt; done all the firmware updates on the router and the card<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt; i belive from various sites that this isnt that rare error but
    i dont have a<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt; solution for it<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt; i have tried three new routers and cards<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt; maybe theres a bug in sp2 im not sure<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>
    &gt;&gt; &gt; any help would appreciate<BR>
    &gt;&gt; <BR>
    &gt;&gt; <BR>
    &gt;&gt;

    Bernard V. Mendis, Jul 5, 2005