    changed the unit but the problem still persists.

    Any ideas?

    Roger Mantle

    Dreamweaver, Apr 18, 2008

  2. You might be getting interference from another nearby wireless network. I
    had a similar issue with my wife's wireless XP Pro desktop when a neighbor
    moved in and came up on the same channel I was on. I had to move to Channel
    9 from Channel 1. If your on the default channel, many times Channel 6, you
    might try 1 or 11. If those are used you might try others. Unless you run a
    Netstumbler scan, or similar software, its probably going to be trial and
    error until you find a clear channel.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    Sooner Al [MVP], Apr 18, 2008

  3. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 18, 2008
  4. Dreamweaver

    smlunatick Guest

    Unfortunately, you have not given any information concerning the
    wireless network adapter on the PC that is using XP. When using
    wireless networking, you need a wireless router (ZyXEL) and a wireless
    network adapter at the PC. The majority of wireless connection
    problems are at the PC end and not at most routers.

    smlunatick, Apr 18, 2008
  5. Dreamweaver

    Dreamweaver Guest

    Thanks for the reply. I changed it to channel 1 but I still have the same
    problem.

    Dreamweaver, Apr 19, 2008
  6. Dreamweaver

    Dreamweaver Guest

    Hi,

    The adapter I am using is a MRI WL004 which seemed to work happily with the
    ZyXEL router until a couple of months ago.

    Dreamweaver, Apr 19, 2008
  7. Dreamweaver

    smlunatick Guest

    A quick scan search of the web seems to indicate that this adapter is
    a USB model. Is this right?

    I experienced this last year with both my SMC and TRENDNet wireless
    adapters. They disconected from my wireless network and then either
    never found it or did not find any wireless networks. Only removing
    the adapters (Safely Remove icon) or a reboot got it back. Turned out
    my USB ports were the cause. All my "other" USB devices worked
    correectly, without problems. I looked at more details on this and my
    USB 2.0 ports were based on ALi controller chips. I foiund several
    known problems on this chip controller and all posted "work arounds"
    did not help. Fortunately I was able to replace my USB 2.0 ports
    since they are on a PCI add-on card. I got my self a card based on
    NEC chip controller (Belkin) and my problem disappeared.

    Check your USB ports.

    smlunatick, Apr 19, 2008
  8. I have the same router and the same Problem i placed a laptop cooling mat under it and pluged it into the wall for fan power using an usb-to-AC/DC convertor and the problem became very servrely limited

    Dreamweave wrote:

    Wireless connection disconnects randomly
    18-Apr-08

    I am using XP Pro SP2 and a ZyXEL Prestige 660HW-T1 Modem/Router
    I am also using Network Magic which compensates my lack of understanding on
    networking in general

    For the last couple of months my wireless connection disconnects and
    reconnects 10 - 15 times a day. The problem was reported to ZyXEL who have
    changed the unit but the problem still persists

    Any ideas

    Roger Mantl
    --
    Extra Income - Ask me how.

[...]

    Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for th
    mutual benefit of all of us..
    The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.co
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n
    rights..
    How to ask a questio
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/55537

    HiIf Al's suggestion (above) did not solve the problem.
    If Al's suggestion (above) did not solve the problem
    Try to unistall Network Magic and configure the Wireledss Mnaualy
    My Wireless does not work - http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.htm
    Wireless, Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.htm
    Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.htm
    Jack (MVP-Networking)

    Thanks for the reply.
    Thanks for the reply. I changed it to channel 1 but I still have the sam
    problem
    -
    Extra Income - Ask me how

    :

    Hi,The adapter I am using is a MRI WL004 which seemed to work happily with the
    Hi

    The adapter I am using is a MRI WL004 which seemed to work happily with th
    ZyXEL router until a couple of months ago
    -
    Extra Income - Ask me how

    :

    Re: Wireless connection disconnects randomly
    On Apr 18, 7:32=A0am, Dreamweave

    Unfortunately, you have not given any information concerning th
    wireless network adapter on the PC that is using XP. When usin
    wireless networking, you need a wireless router (ZyXEL) and a wireles
    network adapter at the PC. The majority of wireless connectio
    problems are at the PC end and not at most routers.

    Re: Wireless connection disconnects randomly
    On Apr 19, 5:20=A0am, Dreamweaver
    ng on
    have

    A quick scan search of the web seems to indicate that this adapter is
    a USB model. Is this right?

    I experienced this last year with both my SMC and TRENDNet wireless
    adapters. They disconected from my wireless network and then either
    never found it or did not find any wireless networks. Only removing
    the adapters (Safely Remove icon) or a reboot got it back. Turned out
    my USB ports were the cause. All my "other" USB devices worked
    correectly, without problems. I looked at more details on this and my
    USB 2.0 ports were based on ALi controller chips. I foiund several
    known problems on this chip controller and all posted "work arounds"
    did not help. Fortunately I was able to replace my USB 2.0 ports
    since they are on a PCI add-on card. I got my self a card based on
    NEC chip controller (Belkin) and my problem disappeared.

    Check your USB ports.

    Crypto Obfuscator for .NET - Product Review
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...f8-f5fd987fafb1/crypto-obfuscator-for-ne.aspx

    Michael Bieri, May 5, 2010
  9. Hi
    It is hard to really deal with your issues since Net Magic make changes to
    he standard way the LAN is configured.
    However Wireless disconnect can be a result of Noisy Wireless Signal
    Environment.
    Change the Working Channel of the Router. Try all of them and choose the
    one thta yields the best results.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], May 5, 2010