    Want also to know if how many wireless connection can I use to my 5 port
    router which 1 port is connected to my DSL modem. Do i limited to 4 wireless
    connection only for i have only 4 port on my router?

    Guest, Jan 17, 2007

  2. Guest

    David Hettel Guest

    Well you'll have to read your router manual, but the router, or if you have
    enabled 'MAC address filtering' is generally what determines the limit on
    your wireless router. Generally speaking if your subnet mask is
    255.255.255.0 a home user will not need to worry about how many computers
    they can connect at one time. The limit will be do to the bandwidth you have
    from your ISP and how long you are willing to wait to update pages. The more
    users you have trying to simultaneous accessing the Internet, the slower it
    will be for all users.

    I would suggest you look at the firewall rules for the laptops. Your local
    IP address range is most likely not approved in the firewall.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Jan 17, 2007

  3. Guest

    Jim Guest

    Ping not working is usually the result of an improperly configured firewall.
    It isn't passing ICMP packets.
    The number of wired ports on your router have nothing to do with the number
    of wireless connections that the router may create.
    Jim

    Jim, Jan 17, 2007
  4. Hi
    The number of computers, both Wireless and Wired that can work of a Wireless
    Router usually cab exceed one hundred, so this is not a worry. Sharing
    Files is not a matter of Wire or Wireless it is a matter of File Sharing
    Configuration.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 17, 2007
  5. Are they all members of the same Workgroup or domaine??

    Howard Huntley, Jan 22, 2007
  6. Check your windows firewall

    Howard Huntley, Jan 23, 2007