  1. Although my wireless showing connected but it seems that I can't browse
    until I have my LAN connection connected. How can I get my LAN
    connected with a Gateway connection to enable browsing.

    Thaqalainnaqvi, Jun 11, 2006

  2. Thaqalainnaqvi

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Whatever you're talking about, it makes no sense.

    What kind of setup to you have?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 11, 2006

  3. In absence of my IT guy, I plugged ethernet cable and unplug power cord
    from wireless satellite gadget "Winetwork" for <10 seconds,later
    connected power cord again.Restarted my laptop again and succeded in
    getting my LAN connected via Intergrated Controller Network Adapter
    with a Gateway Connection.
    But what I see if I disconnect ethernet cable from Laptop, we lost
    browsing.Now question how can I ensure that all laptop have browsing
    capability without necessity of ethernet cable connected to laptop?

    Thaqalainnaqvi, Jun 11, 2006
  4. Thaqalainnaqvi

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I don't think you have to restart the computer. I think all you have to
    do is do Ipconfig /release and Ipconfig /renew to make the computer get
    an IP again from the DHCP server on the network.

    That should allow the machine and the browser access the Internet.
    See above and talk to your IT guy.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 11, 2006
  5. Thanks Duane

    (1)Still looking technique to browse without plugging network ethernet
    cable?
    (2)Moreover , on one of laptop 3 e-mails sitting in Outbox of Microsoft
    Outlook, pop3 of 2 different accounts have errors., I have checked POP3
    settings of company server , which is exactly same what I have in my
    machine without any problem.What need to be done in order to see POP3
    working for both our company server and verizon server.Will I delete 3
    emails in outbox?

    Thaqalainnaqvi, Jun 11, 2006
  6. This probably may happend due to I set my wireless connection to away
    while I established it?Now how can I restore it to home/Office to
    enable sending e-mails.

    Thaqalainnaqvi, Jun 11, 2006
  7. Thaqalainnaqvi

    Duane Arnold Guest

    If this is XP, then there is a feature that allows you to configure the
    machine to connect to multiple networks by saving and then applying the NIC
    configuration that's needed. You should use Google to look that feature up.

    If this is not XP, then you might find some 3rd party tool that will do it
    for you, again use Google.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 11, 2006