    192.168.2.1 & wireless - 192.168.1.1 ) but that never had an effect
    before. Just looking for some real suggestions.

    Thanks

    crs, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Can you ping anything on the 192.168.2.x subnet? If not, your machine may
    be configured with an incorrect default gateway, or machineson the
    192.168.2.x subnet (eg. the printer) may be configured with an incorrect
    default gateway.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Feb 22, 2006

  3. crs

    crs Guest

    It may be the default gateway for the printer that is wrong.
    I set the gateway and dns servers and subnet mask back to the same
    settings we had when
    we had dsl, but still no go. The computers with a wired connection
    (192.168.2.1 gateway) still connect fine.
    But previously, both the 192.168.2.1 and the 192.168.1.1 computers
    connected to the printer fine.

    Any more suggestions?
    thanks again

    crs, Feb 22, 2006
  4. Depending on your network topology, it may also be a static route issue.
    However, I agree you should check the settings on the printer itself first -
    does it have a default gateway, and if so, can that gateway route to
    192.168.1.x?

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Feb 22, 2006
  5. crs

    crs Guest

    Mr. Sherman,

    Thanks so much for your replies. It turns out that our satellite
    installer plugged a wire into the wrong place. Sorry I
    Didn't troubleshoot the wiring first. That's always the best place to
    start.

    Thanks again

    Clay

    crs, Feb 22, 2006