    Help!!! What canI do?

    Thanks,

    Melane in Wisconsin

    MelanieK, Aug 20, 2007

  2. MelanieK

    Barb Bowman Guest

    WEP is not safe anymore.

    You REALLY should replace it with a newer router that offers at
    least WPA (but hopefully WPA2). You can find routers these days for
    $20-40 that will do what you need.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 20, 2007

  3. MelanieK

    MelanieK Guest

    I understand. I've purchased one - but I wanted to wait until the weekend to
    fiddle with the change. Is there anything I can do to get my Macbook on the
    network in the meantime?

    Thanks,

    Melanie

    MelanieK, Aug 20, 2007
  4. MelanieK

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Aug 20, 2007
  5. MelanieK

    MelanieK Guest

    I purchased an AirPort Express Base Station that is an Apple product.

    MelanieK, Aug 20, 2007
  6. MelanieK

    Barb Bowman Guest

    that wasn't what I expected for an answer, however, I believe that
    with the supplied software that you install on the Mac, you just
    follow the prompts and specify the type of connection you have
    (dsl/cable, etc.) and the wizard will do the rest. The Express is
    supposed to be WPA2 capable so you would have the strongest security
    available.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 20, 2007
  7. MelanieK

    Ram Guest

    Hey for the macintosh devices it accepts only 128-bit encryption...

    So if u can change the encyption which currently wud probably be 64-bit to
    128-bit it wud start working....

    For other windows devices u will have to change the wep key to the new 1 i.e
    if you have any...
    Just try it shud work

    And 1 more thing try puttin the " $ " sign infront of the box which asks for
    the wep key on the MACINTOSH i.e only after u hv changed it to 128-bit
    encryption

    Ram, Aug 21, 2007
  8. When handed an apple make applesauce.

    Frank Parmelee, Sep 21, 2007