Wireless Base Station MN-500 and Windows Messenger

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by jwkruege, Oct 12, 2007.

  1. jwkruege

    jwkruege Guest

    I am unsuccessfully trying to use the audio/video conversation and file
    transfer features of Windows Messenger, and I think the problem lies in my
    Base Station (MN-500) wireless settings.

    I've tried disabling all the potential firewalls (in the Base Station
    Management Tool, in the Windows XP Security Center, and in Norton Internet
    Security) with no luck.

    I tried changing the port forwarding settings of the base station based on
    info in the following document (in particular, opening the "UDP ports in the
    range of 5004–65535"):
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457095.aspx#EEAA . I tried
    adding that range of ports to the Persistent Port Forwarding setting, putting
    5004 - 65535 in the Inbound Port boxes, selecting UDP as the Type, entering
    my Private IP Address, and 5004 - 65535 in the Private Port boxes again.
    When I click the Apply button, the screen refreshes, but the line I just
    entered disappears (with no error messages displayed).

    Am I on the right track, or way off base? Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    jwkruege, Oct 12, 2007