    switch gears and use 32bit XP instead just to get my hardware to work.

    This is a disappointment to me, but not necessarily MS's fault, but also
    hardware manufacturers.

    Guest, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Guest

    Rick Guest

    Evidently you have not made much effort to find information or drivers.
    There are wireless cards that have x64 drivers; Broadcom chips and I
    believe RaLink have both been mentioned here.

    What kind of dial-up modem doesn't work? I know I have seen several
    mentioned here that do in fact work in x64.

    So, why don't you quit crying and start doing some research? One of
    several good places to find Win x64 information is: www.PlanetAMD.com

    There are others too, and I am sure they will be mentioned.

    Rick, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the input. No I haven't done a whole lot of research other than
    contacting said manufacturers, so I guess you can get as snippy as you want.
    I'll look elsewhere for information.

    Guest, Jan 6, 2006
  4. Guest

    Dennis Pack Guest

    I have Broadcom and Ralink wireless cards working on x64. The drivers aren't
    on the disk that comes with the card. Drivers are available from the
    manufacturers site or "planetamd64.com".

    Dennis Pack, Jan 6, 2006
  5. Guest

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    I too found drivers for my wireless card, not from the manufacturer, but
    from places like planetamd64.com amoung a couple of othres. Give x64
    another shot. Feel free to post back here. Not all of us are snippy.

    Torrey Lauer, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Guest

    Rick Guest

    If you were looking for help, where in your original post did you
    request any assistance? All I find is a bunch of crying and moaning
    because someone did feed you with a silver spoon. You blatantly make
    false statements, presumably due to ignorance about the subject.

    Rick, Jan 6, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you. I'll keep pursuing it.

    Guest, Jan 6, 2006
  8. Me three, my wireless card works flawlessly, infact better than in 32bit
    XP, when I had to occasioanly do a "Repair" on the connection, but under
    x64, it's been perfect.

    It's a Broadcom based card.

    Mark Gillespie, Jan 6, 2006
  9. The biggest missing set of drivers at this point is Atheros chipset drivers.
    I stopped by their booth at CES, and after an initial attempt to blow me
    off, they finally brought over someone who actually appeared to know
    something. He stated that they are currently in the process of certifying
    drivers through the WHQL process, and when that has been completed, they'll
    make them available to the OEMs. So hopefully someday soon.

    (Atheros chipset is used by most major "a/b/g" cards right now.)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 7, 2006
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jan 7, 2006
  11. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Jan 7, 2006
  12. Guest

    Richard Guest

    I have a Buffalo wireless PCI card that works just fine with WinXP-x64. It
    uses the default Microsoft Broadcom drivers and so worked straight away
    after installation.

    Oddly, Windows Vista doesn't include these drivers and so I can't get it
    working when I dual-boot into Vista (5270) - but that's a question for a
    different newsgroup :)

    Richard, Jan 9, 2006