wireless advice & help

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by cmrbermudadude, Feb 19, 2012.

1. cmrbermudadude

cmrbermudadude

Any and ALL advice would be need and apperiacted

I live in a stone walled two story home. The internet connection enters the house via the upstairs rear right of the house. I live downstairs at the front left of the house about 70 feet away. The distance is not that far but the upstairs signal has to travel through walls and wooden floors and in an "L" shaped house. We have an "Encore endsl-4r5g" upstairs and I was thinking of using a enhwi-2an3(as a reater) downstairs at the corner on the "L" to relay the signal to a second computer.

I believe that the er5g in wireless "g" standard and the 2an5 is "n" standard. Can they work together?

Am I on the right track? Will this work? Any suggestions? I cannot run an ethernet cable as the two floors are seperate living dwellings. Am I asking to much?

Confused, thanks for advice

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
    cmrbermudadude, Feb 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. cmrbermudadude

skelley5000

Yes they should work together, n will run on both 5g and also 2.4, G runs on 2.4 so both should be compatible. the Speed will be reduced to G speeds but ultimately you won't notice the difference.

skelley5000, May 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question