    so would purchasing a router (WAP) be the only solution?

    Thanks,
    J.

    Jason, Sep 10, 2010

  2. Jason

    barb bowman Guest

    the definition of an ad-hoc wireless network is temporary peer to peer. You'd be
    far better off with a router.

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

    barb bowman, Sep 11, 2010

  3. Jason

    Jason Guest

    I've ran peer-to-peer on earlier systems without having to set them up
    everyday (at turn on). Looks like 7 treats this is a security concern.

    Jason, Sep 11, 2010
  4. Jason

    barb bowman Guest

    Yup. As it should have treated them from the beginning. Ever been in an airport
    where the scammers set up ad hoc networks the same as the real names of legit
    services?

    barb bowman, Sep 12, 2010