    Can I make the PC allocate the ip address (and DNS) to the PDA like a proper
    access point?
    Cheers,

    Guest, Oct 11, 2004

  2. Guest

    Sooner Al Guest

    Here are a couple of ad-hoc guides for that may help...One talks about using a DHCP assigned IP
    address on the PocketPC...

    http://www.pc-counselor.com/ad-hoc.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/grieg_winter/adhoc/index.html

    Having never used ad-hoc (I use a Buffalo WBR-G54 4-port broadband router/wireless access point) the
    best advice I can give is to purchase a suitable wireless access point or a combination broadband
    router/wireless access point. One advantage would be WPA encryption versus WEP, which is easily
    cracked.

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al, Oct 11, 2004