    Likes Received:
    0
    I have wrt54g router and a computer wired to it. I also have two laptop computer hooked up wirelessly. The two laptops can see each other just fine and can share files but cannot see the wired up computer. What am I doing wrong?

    wtd20fan, Jun 24, 2006

  2. wtd20fan

    Oliverw

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    east midland
    Check list

    Check the following

    1)start-run-ipconfig

    make sure the computer has the same default gateway, subnet etc

    2)right click my computer and go properties

    make sure they are on the same domain/workgroup

    Hope this helps,

    ollie

    Oliverw, Jun 30, 2006

  3. wtd20fan

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Check the Windows security settings on the wired computer. It might be configured to share nothing. Also, the workgroup name should be the same like Ollie suggests checking. You probably aren't using a domain name.

    bigal, Jun 30, 2006