    error or restoring the OS?

    Thank you for taking the time.

    Marko

    Marko, Sep 22, 2007

  2. Marko

    who'sthat Guest

    What did you get when you typed "xp home screen password reset"?
    You need to learn how to help yourself.

    who'sthat, Sep 22, 2007

  3. Marko

    Pennywise Guest

    At the user prompt type in:
    administrator
    for password just press ENTER

    if you get in go to control panel/user accounts and get a new password
    for the account you messed up. Leave the admin account as is.

    Pennywise, Sep 22, 2007
  4. Marko

    meerkat Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

    meerkat, Sep 22, 2007
  5. Marko

    Larry Guest

    Then why is this newsgroup in existence?

    Larry

    :
    : >I have a friend who's running WinXP (home edition, on a refurbished
    Everet)
    : >who committed a typo resetting the welcome screen password and now can't
    : >gain access to her desktop.
    : >
    : >Is there any way to get around that mistake, other than frantic
    trial-and-
    : >error or restoring the OS?
    : >

    Larry, Sep 22, 2007