    thoughts please?

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Terry Pinnell

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    In news:,
    Terry Pinnell <> rambled on about
    something in a strange, yet soulful manner:
    > I have 300 or so JPG photos (and 5 sub-folders) in a My Computer
    > folder (total 576 files, 220 MB). In Thumbnail view, they were
    > displayed as usual. But at some point just now, after adding a few
    > more files, all the captions disappeared. Closing and re-opening the
    > folder didn't make them reappear. Nor did refresh (F5), resorting,
    > File|Refresh Thumbnails, or anything else I tried. (I haven't
    > rebooted, as I have a fair number of other applications running at the
    > moment.)
    >
    > The subfolder contents display OK. And all other operations and views
    > of the main folder are OK. It just has no captions.
    >
    > To carry on work, I've made a new folder and copied everything into
    > it. That displays the captions as usual. So I'll just delete the 'old'
    > one and rename this copy to the original name.
    >
    > But I'm curious to know what may have caused this, if anyone has any
    > thoughts please?

    Click on "Views" icon, then click "list". Then click thumbnails whilst
    holding shift and the captions/names will reaapear.

    ^^artnada^^, Dec 7, 2005

  3. "^^artnada^^" <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >Terry Pinnell <> rambled on about
    >something in a strange, yet soulful manner:
    >> I have 300 or so JPG photos (and 5 sub-folders) in a My Computer
    >> folder (total 576 files, 220 MB). In Thumbnail view, they were
    >> displayed as usual. But at some point just now, after adding a few
    >> more files, all the captions disappeared. Closing and re-opening the
    >> folder didn't make them reappear. Nor did refresh (F5), resorting,
    >> File|Refresh Thumbnails, or anything else I tried. (I haven't
    >> rebooted, as I have a fair number of other applications running at the
    >> moment.)
    >>
    >> The subfolder contents display OK. And all other operations and views
    >> of the main folder are OK. It just has no captions.
    >>
    >> To carry on work, I've made a new folder and copied everything into
    >> it. That displays the captions as usual. So I'll just delete the 'old'
    >> one and rename this copy to the original name.
    >>
    >> But I'm curious to know what may have caused this, if anyone has any
    >> thoughts please?

    >Click on "Views" icon, then click "list". Then click thumbnails whilst
    >holding shift and the captions/names will reaapear.

    Great, thanks! Appreciate that very fast response. Especially as I'd
    just found that as soon as I renamed the copied folder back to the
    original name - all the captions disappeared again.

    Is that neat caption restoration method documented somewhere I've
    missed please?

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Dec 7, 2005
  4. Terry Pinnell

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    In news:,
    Terry Pinnell <> rambled on about
    something in a strange, yet soulful manner:
    > "^^artnada^^" <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Terry Pinnell <> rambled on about
    >> something in a strange, yet soulful manner:
    >>> I have 300 or so JPG photos (and 5 sub-folders) in a My Computer
    >>> folder (total 576 files, 220 MB). In Thumbnail view, they were
    >>> displayed as usual. But at some point just now, after adding a few
    >>> more files, all the captions disappeared. Closing and re-opening the
    >>> folder didn't make them reappear. Nor did refresh (F5), resorting,
    >>> File|Refresh Thumbnails, or anything else I tried. (I haven't
    >>> rebooted, as I have a fair number of other applications running at the
    >>> moment.)
    >>>
    >>> The subfolder contents display OK. And all other operations and views
    >>> of the main folder are OK. It just has no captions.
    >>>
    >>> To carry on work, I've made a new folder and copied everything into
    >>> it. That displays the captions as usual. So I'll just delete the 'old'
    >>> one and rename this copy to the original name.
    >>>
    >>> But I'm curious to know what may have caused this, if anyone has any
    >>> thoughts please?

    >> Click on "Views" icon, then click "list". Then click thumbnails whilst
    >> holding shift and the captions/names will reaapear.

    > Great, thanks! Appreciate that very fast response. Especially as I'd
    > just found that as soon as I renamed the copied folder back to the
    > original name - all the captions disappeared again.

    It was my pleasure :D

    ^^artnada^^, Dec 7, 2005