(winXP-SP2) WZC and EAP-TLS: how to secure the client's certificate?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Tony, Nov 9, 2006.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    I've installed the "WindowsXP-KB917021-v3-x86-ENU.exe" update.
    It is the very welcome update indeed.

    Are there more enhancements for the WZC planned - the introduction of
    support for the user certificates on hardware tokens?

    I've been struggling with the Aladdin's eToken PRO - WZC currently ignores
    any non-software storages... The Aladdin's developers could not help with
    this. I have to use my EAP-TLS WPA2-Enterprize with an un-protected cert
    in the registry store...
    (winXP-SP2, Aladdin's RTE v3.65.)

    Also, I wonder why it is not possible to protect the client's cert in the
    software store - as soon as I enable the "strong protection" method during
    the *.p12 file import - WZC is no longer able to find such a certificate.

    Thank you in advance,
    Tony.

    P.S.
    Please consider the next update for WZC to make it fully PKCS#11-aware.

    Tony, Nov 9, 2006

  2. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Do MS's developers look in this news-group?

    Tony.

    Tony, Nov 10, 2006