WinXP SP2 and DEP (on A64 3400+) , Swap File Location

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jp10558, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. jp10558

    jp10558 Guest

    jp10558, Jan 26, 2005

  2. jp10558

    °Mike° Guest

    What you should do, IMO, is to turn off the stupid PGP
    messages in a simple text group like this.

    <snip garbage>

    °Mike°, Jan 26, 2005

  3. jp10558

    Morgan Pugh Guest

    I would leave it as it is.
    Yes, [technically] it will improve performance, whether you can tell
    is a matter of opinion :)

    Also I suggest that you don't sign message in the future when posting
    to this group as the majority of posters/readers do not sign and it
    can be annoying to none PGP users.

    Morgan Pugh, Jan 26, 2005
  4. jp10558

    jp10558 Guest

    I guess so. Sorry about that. I'll stop doing so.

    Anyone who doesn't care RE PGP/etc can stop reading here.

    My reasons for PGP signing my previous messages are twofold, one to
    establish a sort of psudoidentity. Anyone can be jp10558 on any usenet
    board. My e-mail address used here is disposable by nature (I got spam
    about 5 minutes after my first post, I have now turned that address off).
    So to give anyone who cares any sort of chain that holds jp10558's posts
    before and now come from the same person, I had to use something like PGP.
    On webforums that require logging in, I don't use pgp as there is an
    expectation that I will likely be the only one able to log in and post as
    that. Even there, if I did use PGP, it would allow those who care to verify
    that, yes jp10558 from 24hoursupport.helpdesk is the same jp10558 on
    http://my.opera.com/forums/ . That way, any good or bad reputation I may
    have is followable for people who might see my posts in more than one
    place. I think for web forums a good compromise might be to sign a message
    in my profile - something that doesn't exist on usenet.

    The second reason I was signing my messages was to increase awareness of
    PGP/GPG and possibly subtly encourage people to start using it for e-mail
    or their own authentication. The reasons for this desire have been
    expounded almost ad nauseam on PGP related discussion boards, my reasons
    are substantially similar.

    And look - no GPG signature this time - though I very well at this point be
    someone trolling and the real jp10558 will come back later PO'd.

    jp10558, Jan 26, 2005
  5. jp10558

    Morgan Pugh Guest

    <snipped to save space>

    I understand exactly why you used PGP as I am a PGP user.

    It is always a good idea to check before posting using PGP though as
    this is a worldwide group.

    If you want to advertise PGP (which I think is a great idea) I suggest
    putting a link in your signature pointing to www.gnupg.org,
    www.pgp.com and www.openpgp.org with a catchy one liner to get people
    to have a look.

    Morgan Pugh, Jan 26, 2005