    existing install to "fix" corrupted files without formatting or losing any
    data, programs, etc. I have on my HD.

    I would like to repair my bad files so PC does not continue to crash.

    Jerry, May 30, 2005

  2. Jerry

    F1 Guest

    Yes, you can do a "Repair" of the operating syste

    F1, May 30, 2005

  3. Jerry

    Duane ;-\) Guest

    Duane :)

    Duane ;-\), May 30, 2005
  4. You may - first get your serial written down - put in the cd and, unless
    it's a recovery, choose a new install. Afterwards XP will offer a repair
    install. You will, however, lose all your security updates and
    service/fixpacks.
    First try to fix the problem that causes bad files or crashes. It may be a
    underpowered or bad power supply, memory, overheating cpu, or dried-out
    busted mainboard capacitors, besides the usual software hiccups.

    Walter Mautner, May 30, 2005
  5. Jerry

    old jon Guest

    Try SFC /scannow from Start\Run\CMD. Insert your CD when asked, then go make
    acup of tea. ..J

    old jon, May 30, 2005