    I have simply had it with windows...
    any good tutorials on switching over?

    TIA

    Datajunky®, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Datajunky®

    Parko Guest

    Not quite overnight, less than 30 minutes to install 'modern' Linux
    distributions if you know what to do. Buy this: Linux in easy Steps by
    Mike McGrath. A step by step guide to MandrakeLinux 10: installation,
    configuration and use. If it makes sense then go here to grab a download
    version of the OS. Get 10 Official.
    http://www.ineasysteps.com/books/?1840782757
    http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3
    http://www.google/linux
    Joining Mandrake Club acts like a subscription to extra goodies. Could
    you imagine M$ ever asking end users what software they wanted included
    in Winxp. The only time I use WinXP is when I *have* to use proprietary
    software specific to my job. Gruntmaster5000 is so slooooooow and locks
    up regularly when it has WinXP foisted on it. Poor thing.

    Parko, Nov 16, 2004

  3. And following up those recommendations with subscribing to
    alt.os.linux.mandrake would be a good thing, as well.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Datajunky®

    Jamco Guest

    if your sick of windows, you'll hate linux even more.

    Jamco, Nov 16, 2004
  5. The Clued Weasel, Nov 16, 2004
  6. Datajunky®

    ImhoTech Guest

    If you can't use XP, you'll never be able to use Linux, and aren't likely to
    get it installed.

    ImhoTech, Nov 16, 2004
  7. Datajunky®

    DC Guest