    what I want.

    Anyone any ideas what's happening here?

    Thanks

    Martyn Rogers, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Martyn Rogers

    burris Guest

    I generally have the same problem, but not always...same set-up as yours.

    I am doing some tracking and found that perhaps the temp file cleaners
    as well as the registry cleaners are removing some important file
    causing this problem.

    The file that it is looking for in my case is called....creative
    projects xxx??...with each request I do a quick search and put it back
    in windows\system???..it tells me what and where.

    I actually saved the file somewhere for this event, but I'm having a
    senior moment...

    burris, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Martyn Rogers

    MrB Guest

    I have a computer that insists on installing the HP drivers every time the
    computer starts up. It does finish the install, but it is annoying. My
    printer is a PSC 2510. HP Tech Support was no help. I am just living with
    it. I have completely removed and re-installed the software to no avail.

    MrB, Apr 24, 2005
  4. Thanks for your reply. I, too, have been living with it + also found HP Support
    useless. It is a pain in the ar*e tho'!

    Martyn Rogers, Apr 24, 2005
  5. Thanks for your reply. Your theory has merit, 'cos I also use a couple of
    registry clean up programs + am probably wiping some essential file.

    regards

    Martyn Rogers, Apr 24, 2005
  6. Martyn Rogers

    MrGrumpy Guest

    I believe MS stated that registry clean up apps serve no purpose in winxp -
    particularly if the user doesn't know exactly what is being removed.

    MrGrumpy, Apr 25, 2005