winxp IE will not let you exit, and my comptuer / other folders will not let you open them.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Daniel, May 11, 2004.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    winxp IE will not let you exit, and my comptuer / other folders will not let
    you open them.

    When you try and close ie it just plays the system errror wav at you. (but
    lets you browes etc.. so is not frozzen) and when you try and open a folder
    or my computer or whatevea it dosent do anything..

    Typeing C: in a ie window lets you browes your hard drive..and go back to my
    computer from there.

    Any ideas as to what could be caulsing this.. have cheaked and removed
    spyware and cheaked for virses.

    Daniel

    Daniel, May 11, 2004

  2. Daniel

    brundlefly Guest

    Hmm XP
    Start/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
    and pick a time when it last worked OK for you

    or

    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

    brundlefly, May 11, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    good thinking with system restore (ahg should of thoguh of that one my self)

    Thanks Daniel

    Daniel, May 11, 2004