winXP->Ethernet->SS2624 router: yes-Intranet/ no-Internet connection problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mike, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    I have WinXP box connected with SpeedStream 2624 router in two
    possible ways:

    1. via wireless USB station, or
    2. via Realtek NIC and cable.

    I am enabling one, and only one connection at the time.

    Both connections are configured to use DHCP.
    ipconfig shows the same settings for both.
    Router has always same configuration.

    However, with wireless connection enabled I have both Intranet and
    Internet accessible: can ping anything, browse, see other computers on
    the network (connected via wireless), while with cable connection
    there is no Internet access, cannot ping anything outside network or
    DNS addresses - no response. At the same time with the cable Intranet
    works: can ping router, any other computer, can see other computers on
    Intranet.

    I need to use cable for this WinXP.

    What could be wrong? Any suggestions?

    Thank you,