WinXP CPU Racing - WMP and Live Messanger

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Feb 24, 2007.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    OK...I've narrowed down the CPU racing issue.

    Context: Fresh install of WinXP Home, all updates / patches applied, then MS
    Live Cam installed.

    If I start Windows media Player 9....the system will race (running
    *incredibly* slowly) until I kill WMP 9.

    If I install and run Windows Live Messanger, the same thing happens.
    Uninstalled tihs fixes it.

    The SKype 3.0 beta video testing app also causes the same problem.

    Clearly comething to do with video.

    The webcam works fine with its own app....and appears to work OK with the
    older MSN meesenger

    steve, Feb 24, 2007

  2. ----- Original Message -----
    news.orcon.net.nz, Feb 25, 2007