WinXP - Can locations be added to the vertical icon bar in "Save As" dialog boxes ???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

    In "Save As" and "Open" dialog box:

    there is a column of large icons on the left side of the dialog
    these include such locations as:

    "My Documents"
    "My Computer"
    "Desktop"

    etc

    Is there any way to customise this list,
    to add new entries or replace existing ones

    {
    note:
    it *is* possible for the equivalent dialog boxes
    opened in Office XP, by editing the Registry
    but this question is about the ones provided by the OS itself
    }

    Guest, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Isn't it always the way ??

    after posting this, I found the answer :p

    so, for anyone else who may be curious ;)
    the instructions are at:

    http://www.jsiinc.com/subf/tip2500/rh2514.htm

    Guest, Aug 28, 2003

  3. Guest

    Boomer.. Guest

    said:
    Thanks! :)
    I'm archiving this information for when (someday) I get Win2k.

    Boomer.., Aug 29, 2003