    it wont go any further. These 2 discs were obtained from two different
    locations, they are not pirate etc etc etc. Any ideas would be appreciated.

    Ta Dave

    Dave Jones, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Why don't you order the disc from Microsoft
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

    Mandy Swallows, Sep 20, 2004

  3. Dave Jones

    Bob Guest

    I have tried to install the service pack 2 with two different discs and
    when
    And you are surprised? Get the correct, authorised, single-CD installation
    disk with any of a number of computer magazines on your local newsagent's
    shelves, or order it from MS direct.

    Bob, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    Done that on 2 sepearte occasions Bob

    Dave Jones, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Dave Jones

    Jamco Guest

    could try copying all files from the cd to your hard drive then running it
    dirrectly from there with no cd?

    Jamco, Sep 20, 2004