    dope on this 2006 release??...is microsoft
    trying to feed us more if itz crap??...

    ....enquiring minds wish to know...

    SirReal, Aug 31, 2004

  2. I think if you were to join some of the tech sites and follow their tech
    news, you would find that it is going to be a worthwhile journey.
    WinXPnews.com has written several good articles on Longhorn. Langa.com has
    also.
    These sites are worth joining.
    WildeDove

    Dave & Cat Horton, Aug 31, 2004

  3. SirReal

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Aug 31, 2004
  4. SirReal

    el duderino Guest

    el duderino, Aug 31, 2004
  5. SirReal

    SirReal Guest

    ....did that son...too many 'techs' seem to be giving
    longhorn and microsoft a big wet kiss on its ass....

    ....seems the 'The Register' is the only logical opinion
    ....and it sounds like microsoft is gonna try and sell us
    another 'buggy' package...

    ....and you bet it will cost more...are you gonna
    purchase this new!!, improved!! software??...
    of course you will...

    ....i read more complaints regarding XP and its
    really keen-o features than any other microsoft
    product...2000 is next in line...i use ME and have
    have no problems with its funtionality...longhorn
    will more than likely become a nightmare...

    SirReal, Sep 1, 2004
  6. SirReal

    Max Guest

    Agreed. Seems to be far too common for 'techs' to give Microsoft a LOT
    of leeway and a LOT of credit for what are really minor.
    I think you can assume it is going to be sold well before it is ready
    for release, at least compared to the efforts of other software
    publishers.
    They always do. Doesn't even seem to matter if there are any
    differences, as long as Microsoft says it's new.
    But now why does the price keep going up? They have less development to
    do, lots more resources, and lots more customers to divide costs
    between -- and yet the price keeps going up every time. And it goes up
    a LOT!

    Well, there's certainly a lot of room for it to be better in many ways,
    and at least better than most of the versions they have already
    released.

    Max, Sep 1, 2004
  7. SirReal

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, SirReal mused:

    | ...seems the 'The Register' is the only logical opinion

    Bear in mind that the Register has a self-admitted axe to grind against
    Microsoft.

    mhicaoidh, Sep 1, 2004
  8. Good. That shows more integrity than the other sources *not* disclosing
    that they have an ass to kiss at Microsoft.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2004
  9. SirReal

    nUt Guest

    "enquiring minds _want_ to know"

    nUt, Sep 1, 2004
  10. SirReal

    xmp Guest

    WinFS or FX? I think XP has enough FX already.

    Give me a nice copy of Server 2003 with none of the cruft and clutter.

    michael

    xmp, Sep 1, 2004
  11. SirReal

    xmp Guest

    IMHO, each increment of Windows OS just adds some changes. I dunno what
    the fuss is about. Win XP is better than ME certainly, but much better
    than 2000? We might as well talk about linux 2.8. Both a long way off.

    michael

    xmp, Sep 1, 2004
  12. SirReal

    Max Guest

    Of course they have.
    It seems to me damn near everyone that has ever used Windows has a
    strong reason to fight Microsoft.
    Why aren't all the rest of you grinding axes to fight Microsoft, too?

    Max, Sep 1, 2004
  13. SirReal

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Max mused:

    | Of course they have.
    | It seems to me damn near everyone that has ever used Windows has a
    | strong reason to fight Microsoft.
    | Why aren't all the rest of you grinding axes to fight Microsoft, too?

    Because, frankly, it just isn't *that* bad ... and I find that people
    who complain about Microsoft (spelling Windows as "windoze"? C'mon) are
    some of MS's biggest users. It's a bit like chastising software piracy when
    you have an illegal install of Windows or Word.

    mhicaoidh, Sep 1, 2004