    drive .....I guess there is some command I type for doing this.

    All this is proving to be a steep learning curve and would appreciate
    some help thanks .

    Andrew, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Sorry should add the message ref . * SU995035 * if that helps

    Andrew, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Andrew

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Andrew

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Andrew

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I've tried installing by this method but still get error message -
    Microsofts info. suggests it is the setver.exe in Precopy#CAB that is
    damaged and to extract new one from install CD but am I to believe
    that the one on the CD is damaged ?
    It seems strange that I get this message when trying to install from
    both Win 98 and Win ME CD's.

    Andrew, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Andrew

    Bri. Guest

    Andrew typed...
    Have you tried *re-naming* setver.exe, as suggested in °Mike°'s link?

    Bri., Oct 8, 2003
  8. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Surely Microsofts resolution on Mike's link refers to renaming damaged
    setver.exe already on HDD .
    In my case I have installed set up files from CD and it would appear
    that the file on this is damaged .
    I can't rename ( or change ) file on installation CD can I ?
    Or am I missing something in their instructions......
    As I said if it is a damaged file it applies to both Win 98 and Win ME
    installation CD's which is a bit of a coincedence .

    Andrew, Oct 8, 2003
  9. Andrew

    Patrick Guest

    You say that you started by reformatting, yet the Microsoft opinion is that
    thiere is corrupt file on the harddisk (yes/no). Thus it seems to me that
    you haven't formatted properly (somehow). Why not try to delete the
    partition, reboot, recreate new partition, reboot, format.

    Patrick, Oct 8, 2003
  10. Andrew

    °Mike° Guest

    It may be that your CD-ROM is faulty, and not copying
    the files over cleanly. Try a different CD-ROM.

    °Mike°, Oct 8, 2003