    fix it so it
    does? This started suddenly today when I logged on. Please... I'm desperate
    to fix this.

    Valorie McLaughlin, Sep 24, 2009

  2. Valorie McLaughlin

    Mike Easter Guest

    You forgot to say which browser you wanted to open the link. That is
    called the default browser. You also forgot to say what happens when
    you click the link, such as whether an error alert pops up saying
    'application not found' or what.

    Have you recently changed browsers, such as installing a new browser?

    Mike Easter, Sep 24, 2009

  3. Valorie McLaughlin

    Mike Easter Guest

    This is a useful 16 message thread started by another person with the
    same problem who also forgot to say/tell very much and was answered by
    some MS MVPs.

    http://snipr.com/s2uk7
    Subject: Windows Mail - links in email messages don't work
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

    Mike Easter, Sep 24, 2009
  4. Valorie McLaughlin

    joevan Guest

    Will the links open if you right click and choose open?

    joevan, Sep 24, 2009
  5. In the meantime, you can always copy and paste the link into the
    location bar of your (unnamed) browser.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 24, 2009
  6. Valorie McLaughlin

    Valorie Guest

    Yes, Firefox updated itself.

    Valorie, Sep 24, 2009
  7. Valorie McLaughlin

    Valorie Guest

    I got it. I had to reset Firefox as the default browser. I don't use IE8
    because it doesn't block ads as well as Firefox with Adblock-Plus.

    Thanks everyone. ;o)

    Valorie, Sep 24, 2009
  8. Valorie McLaughlin

    Mike Easter Guest

    You also forgot/neglected to answer that very important question above.
    Why? - or why didn't you reply to the error question?

    Here are some links for you to read: http://snipr.com/s3fx1 Fix for
    Windows Error Opening Internet Shortcut or Local HTML File Using
    Firefox -

    .... that refers to a Moz KB article http://snipr.com/s3fz7 Problematic
    extensions can cause the issue, including the Google Toolbar for Firefox
    and possibly others (disabling or uninstalling the Google Toolbar
    extension will stop the error if not caused by some other toolbar). [4]
    [5] To see if an extension is causing the issue, try updating all
    extensions ("Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions -> Find Updates") in case
    the problem has been fixed in the latest version. If the problem
    continues, you can disable or uninstall individual extensions to see if
    one of them is responsible. Read this if you need more help. -- If the
    problem is still not resolved, try the following solutions (you may need
    to repeat these steps after each Firefox update):

    You are going to have to read a lot more if you don't answer the
    questions posed because there is ambiguity in the way you asked your
    original question.

    Mike Easter, Sep 24, 2009