    I can't get these 2 to work together, I am trying to self teach myself
    microsfot office xp step by step, got from library, there are no practice
    files, now I don't actually have the software or program, priot to this?

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Yes, you want to have Office XP installed when you're trying to learn how to
    use it. Even with the Step By Step book, it's easier to get a 'feel' for
    what they're talking about, if you have Office installed already.

    Hope this helps you.
    Patrick

    Patrick Dickey, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Guest

    T-Bone Guest

    The step by step book is pretty useless without the practice questions on
    the accompanying CD. Perhaps you should explain this to the library people.
    Either they aren't giving the CD out or someone already swiped it, meaning
    they need to do a better job of keeping track of such things.

    So do I understand this correctly, you are trying to learn the program with
    actually having the program on your system? IIRC you can get a demo version
    of office that should be what you need.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Oct 25, 2004