    only 512 MB's of RAM, just to let you guys know in advance. I still like
    it, however, and I am sure that I will like it even more, after I add more
    RAM to this computer

    Kevin Panzke, May 17, 2005

  2. And this is in comparison to Windows XP 32 bit?

    Andre Da Costa, May 17, 2005

  3. Kevin Panzke

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    Kevin Panzke, May 17, 2005
  4. Maybe you need to defrag. :)

    Andre Da Costa, May 17, 2005
  5. Kevin Panzke

    M. Murcek Guest

    What? I thought the whole point was to jam 6 or 8 megs of RAM in just for
    the look on people's faces when you fire up Task Manager...

    M. Murcek, May 17, 2005
  6. Kevin Panzke

    M. Murcek Guest

    Err - I meant 4 or 6 Gigs of RAM...

    M. Murcek, May 17, 2005
  7. Kevin Panzke

    DKI Guest

    Not Entirely True. I switched cause i had a better experience with the X64
    edition and also encountered less bugs with some games or one or 2 that
    refused to run under XP that did under X64 i found weird but still games
    felt smooter and better, i only use 1.5GB ram on this machine and doubt i
    would get upto using over that any time soon.

    DKI, May 17, 2005
  8. Kevin Panzke

    Keith Guest

    640k of ram should be enough for anybody....right? :)

    -Keith

    Keith, May 17, 2005
  9. Kevin Panzke

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    I have limited income (I work at a Retail Store), so 512 MB's of memory was
    all that I could afford to buy at the time I bought my computer, and still
    stay in Budget.

    Kevin Panzke, May 17, 2005
  10. Kevin Panzke

    Patrick Guest

    Funny you should mention that:
    "640k of ram should be enough for anybody....right? :)"

    Was the first issue that Bill addressed personally in his opening at
    WinHEC....LOL

    Patrick, May 17, 2005
  11. Kevin Panzke

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Far Cry 32 bit takes about 550 MB on WinXP (32 bit).

    Far Cry 64 bit takes about 770 MB on WinXP_x64.

    (Task manager data)

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, May 18, 2005
  12. Kevin Panzke

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    I don't own a copy of Far Cry.

    Kevin Panzke, May 18, 2005
  13. Kevin Panzke

    Randy Guest

    Are you using DDR? 512M PC3200 is $20 AR from tigerdirect...
    Or maybe it's PC2700...

    PC2100 256 M is $2 AR same place... or maybe it's PC2700.

    Randy, May 19, 2005