    still can't connect. Win98 still connects just fine if I plug that drive
    back in. I recall this being discussed somewhere, but I can't find it.
    Any help much appreciated.

    JTJersey, Jan 5, 2005

  2. JTJersey

    Thor Guest

    can you ping the router's IP, or bring it's configuration page up in your
    browser window by typing in it's IP address?

    Thor, Jan 5, 2005

  3. JTJersey

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You got an IP from the DHCP server on the router that's in the range of the
    Device IP on the router that's going to allow access to the Internet? If
    you have a 169 IP or 0 IP, the machine is not going to be able to access
    the Internet.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 5, 2005
  5. JTJersey

    JTJersey Guest

    I disabled XP's firewall and enabled Zone Alarm. So far everything is
    connecting just fine. Downloaded the latest Zone Alarm Pro to make sure
    it's XP compatable.

    JTJersey, Jan 5, 2005