    From: Hans-Georg Michna ()
    Subject: Re: Windows XP utility for setting file date / time to
    when-taken in EXIF data?
    Original Format
    Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
    Date: 2004-08-13 10:49:10 PST

    On 12 Aug 2004 23:55:10 -0700, (Dilip Barman)
    wrote:

    >Are there any free and simple utilities that can:
    >
    >* Read EXIF data of one or multiple files for the date and time a

    ..jpg
    >image was taken
    >
    >* Set the Windows file date / time to this time-picture-taken
    >
    >* Work in individual or batch mode, with a graphical user interface

    or
    >from a command line
    >
    >* Not modify the EXIF data or the file in any way other than setting
    >the date and time
    >
    >* Be a simple utility for this and not a "kitchen sink" with many
    >other features such as extracting EXIF fields, unless those features
    >can easily be ignored
    >
    >* Runs under Windows XP

    Dilip,

    I recently tried a few and finally picked Jhead from
    http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/.

    It doesn't have a graphical interface, but I don't think I'll
    ever miss that. jhead -h outputs the help, so no problem there.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.

    Dilip Barman, Oct 13, 2004