    Service Pack 2. I have attempted to install this through the windows update
    site as well as the network download. In either event the install hangs at
    the performing cleanup stage. Any ideas what is causing this?

    Guest, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    My guess would be dust bunnies.

    Frisbee®, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    My guess would be dust bunnies.

    darn critters get everywhere.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Nice to see some things never change.

    how you boy's doing? (no offence to the ladies)

    Guest, Jan 18, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jan 18, 2006
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    where you been, finished studying yet?

    Neil, Jan 18, 2006
  7. Guest

    Neil Guest

    "eats shoots and leaves"

    Neil, Jan 18, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    ha ha ha good one!

    I've been off the track for a while, looking at *nix stuff. There seems to
    be a fair bit of demand for it around the area, so I've been concentrating my
    efforts on that...

    My group has taken on admin support for several unix boxes, recently so
    thats been fun. I've bee grep'ing everything in sight.

    quick, ksh me, I'm a g33k

    so with regards to MCPs, I guess I'm still on page 147. :eek:)

    Guest, Jan 18, 2006
  9. Guest

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of =?Utf-8?B?bTByaw==?=:
    *ABORT ABORT ABORT*

    *SWOOooooooshhhhh*

    Dam, that was a close one! We were able to divert at the last moment.

    Good to see you back in the trench.

    JaR, Jan 18, 2006
  10. Guest

    Ben Smith Guest

    Disk space or hardware problems would be my guess.

    Ben Smith, Jan 18, 2006
  11. Guest

    Robert Moir Guest

    http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/Articles/excuseserver.asp

    The excuse server, and I swear to God this was without any prompting or any
    other gaming the odds, suggested:

    The BOFH excuse server.

    The cause of the problem is:
    Fatal error right in front of screen

    Robert Moir, Jan 18, 2006
  12. Guest

    leeching Guest

    i've had the same problem when updated a gateway Desktop pc with
    service pack 2, looked like it was frozen but when I opened the anti-
    virus software (ESET N0D32) and looked at the file system monitor I
    saw it was scanning files from the update so it can be your anti-virus
    real time protection that is causing the hang.

    Disable anti-virus and perfom the install again

    Dee

    leeching, Jan 19, 2006
  13. Guest

    Lasher Guest

    I'm lazy and not about to go search Dell's website. What are the spec's of
    the computer? BTW, you should be posting this in the MCDST NG, not the
    MCSE group.

    Lasher, Jan 19, 2006
  14. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hit the esc key to escape the cleanup stage.
    Check your disk space for reasonable space &partitions
    But if u don’t waste much time, I would just format the hall thing and start
    brand new clean installation which wont last for more then 40 min.

    If none of that works. then u have a window issues, which I recommend that u
    open it and dump the hall thing out of it! J/k

    Hope that help

    Guest, Jan 19, 2006
  15. Guest

    kpg Guest

    I can't believe I read the hall thing.

    kpg

    kpg, Jan 19, 2006
  16. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I can't believe I read the hall thing.

    trust me, this jerk will make a nice addition to your killfile

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2006
  17. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    In
    For the moment I'm enjoying watch it flail about flinging poo.

    CBIC, Jan 19, 2006
  18. Guest

    Neil Guest

    they twitch alot before they die....like after you cut off the chickens
    head and they haven't realized they're dead, because they use their brain
    so little....

    Neil, Jan 19, 2006
  19. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I can't believe I read the hall thing.
    'it' is either fmsmcse or just a another clueless retard, either way
    'it' is just a waste of bandwidth.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2006
  20. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    The monitor is plugged into the serial port. HTH HAND

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

    Generalization is always wrong.

    TechGeekPro, Jan 19, 2006