    told you if there was errors, what was repaired, etc.

    Does Windows XP store this type of log anywhere?

    Thanks for any help,

    Global_Killa, May 12, 2004

  2. Global_Killa

    Thor Guest

    A CHKDSK log should be available in the event viewer if one was generated.
    Go to the control panel, and click on "administrative tools", and then click
    "event viewer" and check the "system" event list.

    Thor, May 12, 2004

  3. Global_Killa

    Chas Guest

    Try the trial version of executive software's, diskeeper (it's a free
    download). diskeeper is the best defragger for 2000/xp and 2000 even
    uses a scaled-version version as it's defragger (xp might too). even
    when the trial runs out you can still save the log/report as a file.

    to answer your question; no, i don' think there is a way to get the
    results in xp (i could be wrong). but try the above. i even bought
    the full version - it's worth it, in my opinion.

    http://www.executive.com/downloads/menu.aspx

    Good Luck. Let me know how it goes.

    Chas, May 12, 2004
  4. Global_Killa

    Global_Killa Guest

    I have tried Diskeeper before, about a month ago. I read the reviews about
    it on www.download.com, and decided to download it.
    In the reviews, one person said that when it comes to defragging large files
    (movies, disk images, etc... 700+ mb), the program hangs.

    I also experienced this problem, worked fine until it came to a large file,
    and then my computer locked up, and wouldn't do anything.
    I wouldn't recommended this program to anyone that keeps large files on
    their hard drive, which I think a lot of people do now days.

    Global_Killa, May 13, 2004