Windows XP reinstall - cant use system because windows forgot netw

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Greetings!!

    I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop and due to a minor hardware issue, Dell
    recommended I reinstall windows XP home edition.

    I completed the process, and setup connected to the internet via our 11mbit
    Wireless lan (802.11b - PCMCIA adapter), and updated it's files.

    When setup completed, logging on requires that Windows XP is activated.
    Upon entering the details, and go through the menus, It fails everytime.

    Why? Probably because windows decided to forget my networks settings - Oh
    wait - I can't fix them, because windows wont let me login to my own computer.

    What is microsoft's solution to this problem? I am truly fed up of having my
    time excessively wasted by your products constantly failing in some way.

    Can anyone please assist? What am I supposed to do now?

    James Ricketts

    Guest, Jan 6, 2005

  2. Guest

    Tony Guest

    You phone Microsoft and they give you the activation code over the phone.

    Tony, Jan 6, 2005