    to do with speed, flexibility, and power.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 12, 2005

  2. Lynn McGuire

    roman modic Guest

    Hello,

    Thanks for really great tip. I will try to learn it - Vim QRC seems great:
    http://tnerual.eriogerg.free.fr/vim.html

    But, it seems quite complex. I hope that I will be productive soon :)
    Since I'm beginner in this area (BTW, I just [dual-boot-ly] installed
    SUSE 9.3 PRO so I could learn it also under Linux), do you know
    of any good resources on this subject?

    I know that there is another UNIX editor: emacs? How can you compare
    it to the vim?

    (Sorry for being off-topic.)

    Regards, Roman

    roman modic, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Lynn McGuire

    Guest Guest

    Symantec's) Antivirus Corporate 10.0 does have x64

    Guest, Jun 20, 2005
  4. Lynn McGuire

    Jon Grieve Guest

    I consider ALL Norton products to be the closest thing to commecially
    distributed viruses. They are unique -- how many other virises do you
    actually *pay* to get and install yourself??!

    I've seen virises that are easier to get rid of than Norton shite, and
    cause less BSoDs too! ;)

    Just my 2p... Move along. Nothing to see here.

    Jon

    Jon Grieve, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Lynn McGuire

    Jon Grieve Guest

    I still use Floppy, its more reliable than CD-RW sometimes.
    Oh, cummon... what a ridiculous statement.

    That said, I've certainly had the situation where I burned a CD-R(W) and
    found it was *apparently* blank at a customers site... but that was back
    when CD-R drivers were brand new, and the customers drives were old and
    didn't recognise multi-session dicks.

    Nowadays, that's unlikely to happen, so I stand by my original
    statement. ;)

    Jon

    Jon Grieve, Jun 21, 2005
  6. The corporate products from Symantec aren't that bad.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 22, 2005
  7. Lynn McGuire

    Guest Guest

    :

    "...saved all of our PCs more times that I can remember."
    It seems that you are doing something wrong if your antivirus is having to
    save you. i am glad though that you found a big enough shield to carry,
    though i forsee it weighing you down.

    Guest, Jun 22, 2005
  8. Lynn McGuire

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    What I had meant from that is not that we are hit by viruses a lot, but as a
    business, we are on a lot of clients e-mail lists. If a client of ours gets
    a virus on their PC, and it self-emails itself out to everyone in that
    client list, then we get e-mails from cliens with viruses in it. Trend
    Micro has been able to catch every single one of those and either cleaned it
    or deleted it without infecting us.

    To me, that is saving us more times that I can remember.

    As for Norton, it let one e-mail come through from a client without catching
    it. It didn't detect there was a virus, and so, upon opening the email, we
    became infected. Thus, we switched to Trend Micro, and have been absolutely
    satisfied (and protected) since then.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services