    I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks like
    Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it back. Can
    anyone help me?

    Scout Lady, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Scout Lady

    John Holmes Guest

    System Restore.

    John Holmes, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Scout Lady

    Patch Guest

    Do a "System Restore".

    Patch, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Scout Lady

    Scrote Guest

    Right click on desktop>Properties>Appearance>dropdown >Windows & Buttons
    Choose Windows XP style

    Scrote, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Scout Lady

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Yes!

    Your XPee is mis-configured, the real desktop should look like mine:
    http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/mactheme2.png

    Aquila Deus, Jun 27, 2005
  6. Scout Lady

    Scout Lady Guest

    Okay, I tried a system restore and it didn't work. There was no way to
    change it from the control panel because the only style to chose from was
    windows classic.

    I found that I am not the only one who ran into this problem using CleanUp!
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Windows_XP_style_option_missing-t26063.html
    I tried the instructions in the above link and it wouldn't work so I then
    tried the instructions at
    http://castlecops.com/p565225-XP_appearance_missing_from_display_options.html
    and everything is back to normal even after rebooting.

    Thanks anyway and maybe this will help someone else.

    Scout Lady, Jun 27, 2005
  7. Scout Lady

    Meat Plow Guest

    Change your theme back to Windows XP ?