    Are there any pitfalls or well known problems that I may encounter when
    running this sort of small home network?

    Thanks in advance

    Guest, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    The content of the following links will provide you with a basic tutorial
    about Sharing Internet and using Wireless; it is short and to the point.

    I wrote the three first pages ages ago. You might ignore the prices, and the
    specific choice of hardware, stick with the principles they are still the
    same.

    Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing -

    Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -

    This might help in Network installation -
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html

    Wireless Principles - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122

    The whole thing should look like this:
    http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg