  1. Both of the captioned are free and I have received many conflicting reports
    as to which I should use.

    I would appreciate comments.

    Bill Matthewson, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Bill Matthewson

    samuel Guest

    use either Outpost or Sygate firewall

    samuel, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Bill Matthewson

    Nowhere Guest

    Use Zonealarm on its own. Disable Windows firewall.

    Nowhere, Feb 16, 2005
  4. Bill Matthewson

    samuel, Feb 16, 2005

  5. If you think of a firewall as a roadblock, monitoring traffic on a road (the
    internet or network) then the Windows firewall assumes that it's a one way
    street (incoming). ZA (my firewall of choice until I bought a router with a
    hardware firewall) assumes the traffic travels in both directions.

    I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions...

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Feb 16, 2005
  6. Bill Matthewson

    cu Guest

    Hello,
    Could you give me helpful information on how to properly disable my
    windows firewall please?
    Thanks for any helpful advice.
    Allen.

    cu, Feb 16, 2005
  7. Bill Matthewson

    Pennywise Guest

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:08:12 +0000, wrote:

    |> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:09:24 -0000, "Nowhere"
    |>
    |> >Use Zonealarm on its own. Disable Windows firewall.
    |> >
    |> Hello,
    |> Could you give me helpful information on how to properly disable my
    |> windows firewall please?
    |> Thanks for any helpful advice.
    |> Allen.

    Start > run (type in) firewall.cpl <enter>
    do what it takes.

    Pennywise, Feb 16, 2005
  8. Bill Matthewson

    Brian Guest

    right clik on your connection>>properties>>advanced tab>>uncheck the top
    check box(protect this computer... bal bla bla)>>ok you may have to dis. and
    reconnect.

    if you have sp2 see here:
    http://www.utmem.edu/helpdesk/sp2/sp2firewall.htm

    Brian, Feb 16, 2005