    not solve the problem. Please help me. Thanx

    sorry for the bad english...
    Johannes

    Johannes Schmitz, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Johannes Schmitz

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Start by think that it has nothing to do Windows XP -- nothing.

    Nor is it a problem with Word 2003

    You should look at the data that is being used as it may have characters in
    the data the printer is interpreting as printer controls as it's printing
    the data and is causing the actions of the printer.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Johannes Schmitz

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Duane Arnold spewed forth:
    And since we have no clue as to what printer or what kind of labels (single
    sheet? form fed?) it would be foolish to speculate <g>

    Toolman Tim, Mar 27, 2006
  4. Johannes Schmitz

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I have written too many printing programs to know that if that printer is
    skipping things or starts running off, data has contributed to it in someway
    that is making the program do it with the printer or the printer is getting
    what it thinks are control commands in the data while it's printing and is
    doing it.

    The printer is just not going to start doing the *wild* thing on its own.
    <g>

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Mar 27, 2006
  5. Johannes Schmitz

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Duane Arnold spewed forth:
    Quite true. I've found myself though that Windows XP and dot matrix printers
    do not communicate well with pin fed labels. The end of label data seems to
    always force an end of page instead. Which is what the OP sounds like he's
    facing.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 27, 2006
  6. Toolman Tim you are right. But what is the solution?

    Johannes Schmitz, Mar 27, 2006
  7. Try a custom page format (one page = length of one label). Make sure you
    have no "unprintable range".
    A little bit more information about the printer (driver) would surely help.

    Walter Mautner, Mar 27, 2006
  8. Johannes Schmitz

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Do you both hear yourselves talking here? The word *DATA* comes into play
    here or better yet who or what's doing the printing. Yes, when some
    solutions are using the MS platform solutions especially using something
    like MS Word or other such canned solutions where you don't have privy to
    the source code and can make adjustments to the code in its printing of
    data, one may face such an issue.

    I doubt that you're going to the XP O/S to do anything to correct it. You
    might be able to go to Word itself and make some kind of adjustments. But
    just because it's printing pin fed labels, it doesn't mean it's a XP
    printing problem. XP has no control over the program that's doing the
    printing, the driver that's doing the printing and doesn't have control of
    the data that is being printed.

    I don't know how many times I have had to deal with a label printing program
    on the IBM mainframe or client server sever platform to get solutions to
    print right with the data it was using, even when I had control of the data
    and the printing in source code let alone using a solution I did have
    control of the sauce code solution like Word and what it was doing.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Mar 27, 2006
  9. Johannes Schmitz

    Peaches Guest

    You're drunk again Duane. We can always tell when
    you've been drinking too much..........................

    Peaches, Mar 27, 2006
  10. Johannes Schmitz

    Duane Arnold Guest

    K-Boomsville-Hen go lay an egg somewhere will you and try to comb and brush
    the egg's hair.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Mar 27, 2006
  11. Johannes Schmitz