windows xp 64 bit has errors after joining a new domain?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rocky, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. Rocky

    Rocky Guest

    What is causing this error ? We moved the computer to another domain by
    saying it was a member of a workgroup, then we made it a member of the new
    domain. It takes 3 mintues to boot and 2 minutes to login and leaves several
    errors in the event log. At times, it appears to lock up with an hour
    glass, but sometiems control comes back to the user.

    Rocky

    Event Type: Error

    Event Source: Userenv

    Event Category: None

    Event ID: 1053

    Date: 12/3/2005

    Time: 1:33:05 PM

    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

    Computer: TEST64

    Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain
    either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing
    aborted.

    Rocky, Dec 4, 2005

  2. Rocky

    why? Guest

    Sounds like a problem I have been avoiding carefully :) by not moving
    XP 64 boxes to a domain, although I haven't connected it to the Windows
    Server 2003 x64 domain yet.

    Maybe a simple driver issue? Although it works fine on a mixed NT4
    Server / 2000 Pro / XP Pro 32bit workgroup.

    Try reading this newsgroup,
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    or
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general?

    Helpful info like the event logs entry need a better place higher up in
    the post instead of under your name.

    You also didn't mention what OS the DC is running. Perhaps your problem
    is XP x64 joining a domin running the unknown OS you have. (Assuming the
    previous domain DC was the same OS?, you didn't say)

    Neither did you say if ping , nbtstat or any other diagnostics have been
    tried. Did any PC on the new domain see the XP x64 in anyway,

    You mentioned other errors in the event log but didn't say at least what
    the source / id are.

    For MS issues also search the MS KB,

    Is assumed that while in the workgroup domain resources can be used with
    a valid login.
    userenv 1053
    http://www.google.com/search?q=userenv+1053

    Refined search