    What does Aero provide that the other versions don't? Gee, there sure
    are allot of iterations of Vista out there

    mm

    monomaniac1, Feb 5, 2007

  2. monomaniac1

    babaloo Guest

    My impression from trying to use Vista (without drivers for most
    peripherals) is that the aero interface is hardly noticeable and adds
    nothing to actually using your computer. Every test I have read shows that
    primarily because of Aero Vista runs up to 30% slower than XP for comparable
    tasks.

    babaloo, Feb 6, 2007

  3. monomaniac1

    j1mb0jay Guest

    New OS new hardware, I am running Vista Ultimate with the areo effect, dosnt
    do much other than make it look "falsh", is rather hardware hungry. Direct X
    10 might be huge if the new games use it propperly.

    j1mb0jay, Feb 15, 2007
  4. monomaniac1

    Travis Guest

    Aero probably slows down the computer as you don't have a DirectX 10
    graphics card yet. I'm assuming that it will run like XP (if not
    better) on a DirectX 10 card. I would wait a couple of months until
    it's the standard and they have cheaper cards coming out that have
    DirectX 10.

    Travis, Feb 16, 2007
  5. monomaniac1

    j1mb0jay Guest

    I already hava a DirectX10 graphics card. Nvidia Geforce GO7600, plays all
    the games i throw at it.

    j1mb0jay, Feb 16, 2007